A lot of people have consulted us as regards to Federal Fire Service Recruitment (FFS) 2017 because they want to know if Federal Fire Service Recruitment 2017 has been announce by the service. On this post, Nigerian Info Box admin will give you heads up on every little thing that is worthy to note about Federal Fire Service Recruitment 2017 including How to Apply for Federal Fire Service Recruitment at portal.fedfire.gov.ng.
This article will be focusing on latest update on Federal Fire Service Recruitment 2017 accompanied by Federal Fire Service 2017 recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates that will give you an edge.
Our readers have been expecting Federal Fire Service Recruitment since February this year till this very moment but unfortunately it has not yet begun. I have received several messages from my readers who wants to know what’s up on this recruitment exercise.
Meanwhile, rumors have been spreading around like deadly virus that the Federal Fire Service Recruitment 2017/2018 has commenced and currently ongoing, please disregard this baseless and useless information because it is yet to begin . We took our time to read through some online platforms that made this fake publication, they also provide their contact details like phone number and email address so that innocent aspirants can call them with.
Their goal is to collect your money and disappear please don’t fall into their trap. But according to what we have gathered recently, there is an indication that The Federal Fire Service (FFS) of Nigeria is set to start recruitment for 2017 soon.
The Federal Fire Service is the nation’s largest fire and rescue service, working 24 hours a day to keep the it safe from fires and responding to emergencies. The current structure of the Fire Service in Nigeria is based upon the legislation of the Fire Services Act of 1981.
The Federal Fire Service was established in 1901 by the British colonial regime as a unit within the Lagos Police Service Department to prevent and combat fire outbreaks in the Government Reserved Areas of Lagos Colony. This Unit was formed and incorporated alongside the then Lagos Police and was known as the Lagos Police Fire Brigade. The Police Fire Brigade was thus an apparatus of the British Colonial Government. Its leadership and administration rested squarely on the colonists.
The Fire Services in Nigeria are managed at local authority level, with the Department of the Environment and Local Government playing an advisory, legislative and policy-making role. The Fire Services are operated by 37 Fire Authorities, which are managed by State Councils, and Town Councils around the states.
- Log on to the Federal Fire Service employment portal
- Applicants who meet the required qualifications will be considered for ONLINE Aptitude Test. Applicants selected for Aptitude Tests will be provided a Unique Test ID Number.
- Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), and other necessary support documents. The following documents are required and should be scanned and uploaded online where required:
Federal Fire Service Recruitment General Requirement:
- Applicant must be Nigerian by birth or descent.
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications and Certificates. Any certificate or qualification not
declared and accepted at the recruitment centre shall not be accepted after recruitment.
- Applicant must be medically fit and present certificate of medical fitness from any government hospital.
- Applicant must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence;
- Applicant must not be a member of a secret society, cult, a drug addict e.t.c.;
- Applicant must be free from financial embarrassment;
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18-30 years.
- Applicant’s height must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females;
- Applicant’s chest measurement of not less than 0.87m for men.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants into Federal Fire Service recruitment on their portal (www.fedfire.gov.ng/careers) is not commence. Keep visiting this page for latest update on this topic.