4G AND 4G LTE
Everyone needs the internet at one point in time while some make a living through it. so when we want to purchase a sim card or wireless modem in order to access the internet we may come across many acronyms like CDMA, GSM, LTE, HSPDA, 4G, 4G LTE and so many more. I am going to tell you about the 4g and 4g lte network today, many people think these acronyms means the same thing but they slightly differ, first we will state the meaning of the acronyms:
4G: ‘G’ which stands for generation we have 1g,2g,3g,4g network so 4g stands for fourth generation network.
4G LTE: stands for fourth(4th) generation long term evolution 4g lte is the more advanced form of 4g backup with more technology
The ITU-R (The International Telecommunication Union) set standards for 4g internet speed that “users of the LTE network should see data speeds that are up to 10 times faster than the current 3G network” now it’s time to discuss about each term separately
4g is more reliable than 3g in terms of safety and speed. The ITU-R standard for internet speed is 100mbps at peak hour or when you are at a place with high network coverage, but normally you should expect 40mbps normally and at a place with low network coverage you should expect your internet speed to be 5-10mbps.
4G LTE (LONG TERM EVOLUTION)
4g lte is the upgraded form of the 4G network and backed up with more advanced technology. the ITU-R standard for internet speed for 4g lte should be 100mbps in a moving car or train and 1gig per second when stationary and at high network coverage.
4G NETWORK GENERALLY
With the 4G network generally you should expect to:
• Download movies of 720px in 2 minutes with your 4g network and with 4g lte you can download 1020px in 1 minutes 30 seconds on your normal internet speed.
• Stream movies online without buffering but it’s going to buffer for a while if you are going to stream a 1020px movie in your 4g network.
• Skype and video call with friend, family or conference without breaks (seamless video calling).
• Fast and constant internet speed without network fluctuations.
• Though all the LTE devices are compatible with 4G, and vice versa in not possible in old appliances. (Tip– Buy the 4G LTE smartphones, either you can get the 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot, to get 4G on every device. Which is what I highly recommend for you to get now).
• Although 4G and 4G LTE are of the same parent technology. LTE is the advanced version whereas standard 4G is a bit old. But when it comes to speed and reliability and security LTE stands out.
• You should expect your 4G LTE device to consume data faster than your 4G device.
So now I believe you choose the one that suites your need between the 4G and the 4G LTE if you want to purchase that mobile phone, sim card, wireless modem.